Disney has released another classic recipe
Disney has released another recipe for a fan-favorite snack to make at home amid the coronavirus pandemic.
What’s going on:
- Disney released the recipe for its Mickey Mouse-shaped beignets.
- According to Disney Parks blog, “That’s right, we’re releasing a fan-favorite classic recipe that shows you how to create everyone’s favorite fluffy fried treat from both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.”
- The beignets can be found at New Orleans Square and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter.
- People can now make the snacks at home.
- Disney recommends eating the snacks while watching “The Princess and the Frog,” which takes place in New Orleans.
What is the recipe?
Mickey Mouse-shaped beignets
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
Per Disney Parks blog:
“Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
“Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg, flour and boiling water in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. With the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
“Roll to 1/4-inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse-shaped cutter or cut into 2 1/2 to 3-inch squares. Cover with a towel and let dough rise until doubled in size in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
“Using caution, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side. Remove with tongs and place on paper towels to drain. Dust warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve immediately.”
Disney releases more recipes:
- Disney has shared a number of other official recipes as a part of its “magic moments” campaign, which has included virtual rides as well.
- The released recipes include ones for Toy Story Land’s grilled cheese sandwich, the Churro Bites and a “frozen pineapple treat,” which was similar to a Dole Whip.